When and where does the festival take place?
Festival YUL EAT is taking place from September 10 to 16, 2018 in the Quartier des spectacles – at the Société des arts technologiques (SAT) and Place de la Paix – as well as throughout Montreal in several restaurants and production sites.
• Place YUL EAT, located at Place de la Paix, will be open on Friday, September 14 from 5 to 9 p.m.; Saturday, September 15 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sunday, September 16 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free. For more information: click here
• The Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience and its culinary demonstrations are offered during three time slots: Saturday, September 15 from noon to 4 p.m. and 6:30 to 10:30 p.m., and Sunday, September 16 from noon to 4 p.m. Tickets are also available at the door while quantities last. Payment by credit or debit card only. For more information: click here
• Masterclasses are presented in various restaurants of the city from September 10 to 16 in the afternoon or the evening. Arrive 15 minutes before the start of each workshop. For more information: click here
• Destination Caraïbes will take place at the Société des arts technologiques (SAT) on Friday, September 14. from 6 p.m. to midnight. For more information: click here
• The ITHQ 50th x YUL EAT 5th Dinner will take place at the Foodlab of the Société des arts technologiques (SAT) on Thursday, September 13. 2 services are offered: 5:30 or 8:30 p.m. For more information: click here
Is Festival YUL EAT free?
Admission to Place YUL EAT, located at Place de la Paix and featuring the Redpath Market, the Redpath stage with culinary demonstrations, and the Creemore Springs Biergarten, is free.
Admission to the Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience at the Société des arts technologiques (SAT) costs $75 + taxes.
The YUL EAT Workshops, which take place in various restaurants throughout the city from September 10 to 16, ranging from $30 to $195.
Destination Caraïbes at the Société des arts technologiques (SAT) admission is $15 and coupons for food and beverages will be sold on site.
The 50th ITHQ x 5th YUL EAT Dinner at the Foodlab costs $95 all included, or $150 all included with wine pairings.
How can I purchase tickets to the Parcours Gourmand– Grand Tasting experience?
You can do so online here or on site, at the entrance of the Société des arts technologiques (SAT), 1201, Saint-Laurent Boulevard.
Price: $75 $ + taxes. The ticket includes access to all food & beverage kiosks of the Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience and a souvenir tasting glass, plus three culinary demonstrations and surprise workshops. Three services are offered: Saturday, September 15, from noon to 4 p.m. and from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.; Sunday, September 16, from noon to 4 p.m.
Can I get a refund if one of the programmed activities of the festival is changed?
The lineup of activities of the festival is subject to change. Hence, it’s impossible for us to refund a ticket because of a change – for instance, if a chef or guest cancels their participation.
Do you need to be 18 years old to participate in Festival YUL EAT?
Place YUL EAT and the YUL EAT Masterclasses in restaurants and production sites are accessible to all.
The Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience, Destination Caraïbes, the 50th ITHQ x 5th YUL EAT Dinner, and the Masterclasses devoted to alcohol are reserved to those 18 and over.
Can I come to Place YUL EAT with my dog?
Yes, as long as the dogs are in a leash.
Can I come to the festival if I have allergies or dietary restrictions?
Several kiosks of the Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience offer gluten-free and vegetarian dishes. The 50th ITHQ x 5th YUL EAT Dinner will offer a vegetarian option, available when purchasing tickets. Festival YUL EAT is not responsible for accidents or reactions caused by food allergies and alcohol consumption. It is your responsibility to tell the chefs, restaurateurs and waiters if you have allergies or restrictions to mention. You can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 855-310-2525
How do I get to Festival YUL EAT?
We strongly recommend using public transportation. The Société des arts technologiques is located near the Saint-Laurent station (green line), and a 10 minute walk away from the Berri-UQAM station (green, yellow and orange lines). To plan your trip, visit the Société de transport de Montréal website. http://stm.info/en
It is also possible to come by car. Visit the Stationnement de Montréal website. http://www.statdemtl.qc.ca/en/
You can also carpool or use Montreal’s bike sharing system, Bixi. https://montreal.bixi.com/en
Where can I stay if I come from outside Montreal?
We recommend Hotel Zero 1.
Object allowed at la Place YUL EAT
• One (1) plastic water bottle (drinking fountains on site)
• Raincoats / small umbrellas
• Small backpacks and purses (all bags will be searched)
• Sunscreen (except flammable aerosol cans)
• Lighters and cigarettes
• Digital cameras (except professional video equipment)
• Disposable cameras
Object forbidden at Place YUL EAT
• Outside alcoholic beverages
• Outside food
• Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
• Glass bottles
• Hard-sided coolers
• Musical instruments
• Flags and banners
• Beach balls, soccer balls, Frisbees, etc.
• Large sports umbrellas
• Folding chairs
• Large backpacks (camping type)
• Laser pointers
• Water squirt gun or other water games
• Professional audio/video recording equipment
• Items intended for sale and/or promotion
• Firearms, knives, weapons of any kind
• Any object that can cause injuries
• Selfie sticks and any similar monopod