When and where does the festival take place?
YUL EAT Festival is taking place from September 9 to 18, 2019 in Montreal at the Quartier des spectacles – Société des arts technologiques (SAT) and Place de la Paix – as well as throughout Montreal in several restaurants, bars and production sites.
- The Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience and its culinary demonstrations are offered during three time slots: Friday, September 13 from 6:30 p.m.to 11 p.m., Saturday, September 14 from noon to 4:30 p.m. and from 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- The YUL EAT Masterclasses are presented in the evening located in various restaurants of the city from Monday, September 9 to Thursday, September. Arrive 15 minutes before the start of each masterclass.
- A Taste of the Future will take place at the Foodlab of the Société des arts technologiques (SAT) on Wednesday, September 11 from 6:30 to 10pm.
- ¡Destinación México! Will take place on Thursday, September 12 at the Société des arts technologiques, from 6:30 pm until midnight.
- The outdoor site, located at Parterre of Quartier des spectacles, will be open from Friday, September 13 at noon to Sunday, September 15 at 11 p.m. Free admission includes access to the General Store and culinary demonstrations. Several bars and a temporary restaurant (The Smokehouse) will offer a paying menu.
Is Festival YUL EAT free?
Admission to the outdoor site, located at Parterre du Quartier des spectacles, is free.
Admission to the Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience at the Société des arts technologiques (SAT) costs $75 + taxes..
The YUL EAT Masterclasses, which take place in various restaurants throughout the city from September 9 to 12, cost from $30 to $195.
A Taste of Future dinner (September 10 & 11) and ¡Destinación México! (September 12), both take place at la Société des arts technologiques, tickets must be purchased on our website or at the door, while quantities last.
How can I purchase tickets to the Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience?
You can do so on our website.
Or on site, at the entrance of the Société des arts technologiques (SAT), 1201, Saint-Laurent Boulevard.
Price: $75 + taxes. The ticket includes access to all food & beverage kiosks of the Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience and a souvenir tasting glass, plus three culinary demonstrations and surprise workshops. Three services are offered: Friday, September 13, from 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday, September 14, from noon to 4:30 p.m. and from 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
New this year: VIP passes available for the Parcours Gourmand– Grand Tasting experience allows VIP ticket holders to gain early admission to the site 30 minutes before the general public including a chance to win a spot in one of the exclusive wine, beer and spirits tasting workshops. (Choice determined by draw)
Can I get a refund if one of the programmed activities of the festival is changed?
The lineup of activities of the festival is subject to change. Hence, it’s impossible for us to refund a ticket because of a change – for instance, if a chef or guest cancels their participation.
Does YUL EAT present activities during the rest of the year, beyond the dates of the festival week?
You bet, we can’t let you go hungry during the rest of the year! We organize YUL EAT Masterclasses, as well as special events. Other activities will be announced in the next few months, since the pleasure of learning about and discussing culinary art doesn’t stop at the end of the Festival! For more information, check out the “Year-Round Events” tab on our website.
Do you need to be 18 years old to participate in Festival YUL EAT?
The outdoor site and “A Taste of the Future” Dinner are accessible to all. The Masterclasses devoted to alcohol, The Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience and the evening ¡Destinación México! are reserved to those 18 and over.
Can I come to the YUL EAT Place with my dog or another animal?
No, dogs and other animals are forbidden, with the exception of guide dogs.
Can I come to the festival if I have allergies or dietary restrictions?
The festival strives to create diverse activities for all tastes. Several kiosks of the Parcours Gourmand – Grand Tasting experience offer gluten-free and vegetarian dishes. YUL EAT Festival is not responsible for accidents or reactions caused by food allergies and alcohol consumption. It is your responsibility to tell the chefs, restaurateurs and waiters if you have allergies or restrictions to mention. You can write us at email@example.com or call 1 855-310-2525
How do I get to Festival YUL EAT?
We strongly recommend using public transportation. The Société des arts technologiques is located near the Saint-Laurent station (green line), and a 10-minute walk away from the Berri-UQAM station (green, yellow and orange lines). To plan your trip, visit the Société de transport de Montréal website. http://stm.info/en
It is also possible to come by car. Visit the Stationnement de Montréal website. http://www.statdemtl.qc.ca/en/
You can also carpool or use Montreal’s bike sharing system, Bixi. https://montreal.bixi.com/en
OBJECTS ALLOWED AT PARTERRE – QUARTIER DES SPECTACLES (September 13 to 15)
- One (1) plastic water bottle (drinking fountains on site)
- Raincoats / small umbrellas
- Small backpacks and purses (all bags will be searched)
- Sunscreen (except flammable aerosol cans)
- Lighters and cigarettes
- Digital cameras (except professional video equipment)
- Disposable cameras
OBJECTS FORBIDDEN AT THE YUL EAT PLACE (Place de la Paix, September 14 to 16)
- Outside alcoholic beverages
- Outside food
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Glass bottles
- Hard-sided coolers
- Musical instruments
- Flags and banners
- Beach balls, soccer balls, Frisbees, etc
- Large sports umbrellas
- Folding chairs
- Animals (except guide dogs)
- Large backpacks (camping type)
- Laser pointers
- Water squirt gun or other water games
- Professional audio/video recording equipment
- Items intended for sale and/or promotion
- Firearms, knives, weapons of any kind
- Any object that can cause injuries
- Selfie sticks and any similar monopod